Environmental Restoration and Access to Environmental Project Funding
We help our clients access environmental project funding opportunities and build their projects.
The Environmental Factor values the importance of ongoing environmental improvement projects across the landscape in both rural and urban settings. We have helped Councils, farmers and small landholders to not only access grants for environmental projects, but to also use our project management experience and a range of contacts/contractors to complete these projects. Projects have included re-establishing native vegetation, rehabilitating waterways and stabilising drainage lines, to name a few.
Through landscape restoration activities, farms can be made more productive by:
- Retaining and improving topsoil
- Attracting pest controlling animals (biological control)
- Providing protection from the elements for stock (i.e. shelter belts) to improve weight gain and survival
- Improving water retention and movement through the landscape.
Environmental restoration projects can also benefit urban communities by:
- Benefitting urban biodiversity through healthier ‘bridging’ environments and maintenance of important habitat resources
- Creating green spaces and visual landscapes which benefit mental and physical health
- Securing food to feed cities through sustainable agricultural practices; cleaner air, with vegetation acting as the lungs of the urban areas.
- Helping to provide cleaner waterways, connection to nature and opportunities to engage with Australia’s unique flora and fauna.
Give us a call today to discuss the opportunities that are open to you.